How implementing Bonjoro into your marketing can help convert more enquiries into paying customers
In a world of digital noise, it can be hard to make your business become personal and stand out from the crowd.
When it comes to customer service, going the extra mile helps with customer conversions and repeat sales.
So, when we came across the video engagement tool, Bonjoro, we fell in love with the idea.
Bonjoro. It’s so easy to send a personalised video, by email to your customers.
There are plenty of ways you could use this fancy tool.
- Onboarding new customers. Introducing the sales/customer service team after a purchase has been made.
- Thanking customers for their purchase. A little thanks can go a long way.
- Increase engagement. Utilise this tool for customers that have signed up, but not downloaded a guide or workshop.
- Abandoned Carts. Answer customer questions and increase sales on abandoned purchases
That’s just a few we could think of off the cuff.
Take a look at Bonjoro’s create little video, and think about how you could use it.
Quite simply, the ability to put a face to your brand, will increase engagement.
It breaks down barriers and will encourage people to pick up the phone, or get in touch.
How will it work with my existing marketing tools?
Ok, so it’s another tool in your arsenal. It can all get a little overwhelming chatbots, email marketings tools, etc. etc.
But this great little tool has been designed to compliment the existing tools in your toolkit.
Want to find out more?
We are great fans of the Digital Marketing Podcast by the guys over at Target Internet. They recently produced this interview with the CEO, Matt Barnett.
If you are sceptical about whether asynchronous video is right for your business, then it’s well worth a listen
How Wedding Photographers could be using Bonjoro
Wedding Photography is one area we through Bonjoro could work perfectly, especially if you are already using a CRM system or Studio Management tool. (If you aren’t using a CRM system, why not look at our blogs about StudioNinja)
Integrating Bonjoro into your workflow might look like this..
- Customer enquiry email received from signup form on your website.
- Your info email is sent back to your prospect with information about your services.
- Normally, you’d wait it out or there’d be crickets whilst your prospect look at competitors.
- You can now schedule your Bonjoro email, introducing yourself, offering to answer any questions they may have, or inviting them for a coffee and a chat about their big day.
You can really stand out from the crowd. I can guarantee other local photographers wont be doing this.
Best of all, it doesn’t have to be expensive.